1) Don't let people bring you down and always trust yourself.
2) *Theme: Self-reliance (have self trust towards yourself)
* "The soul is no traveler, the wise man stays at home." (At home with your belongings is safer than going out all the time.)
* "What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think." (Basically that what you do or decide to do should only concern you not anybody else)
*Tone: nature (hopeful, sincere, inspirational, optimistic)
3) *"Nothing can be bring peace but yourself." (only you can get rid of obstacle in your way in life)
*"To be great is to be misunderstood." (that a person can be misunderstood by their actions and by what they look like outside.)
4) *Emerson talks about respect to every single person's opinion.