Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Thursday, August 18, 2016
As I have said during the "seminar" though it was really quiet and the others were just talking about other stuff, for the second question for "Earth on Turtle's Back" I typed that many people would prefer to have a story written or said word for word because they would prefer it told originally than listening to a newer version. Unfortunately, I could not hear the two or three other answers for they spoke too quietly for me to hear.
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
- The language in the text is similar to the language I use in everyday conversations by they why some sentences are written. There were times where in the text it kept repeating the word "said".
- It is important for a story to be retold word for word because many people would prefer to hear it as the original story than a newer version it. The meaning however would be enhanced for it will make the reader understand more of what the story is about.
- Richard Cory: The theme of the poem would be how the outside of a person usually doesn't match how the person is on the inside.
- tone: author's attitude towards the audience, topic or characters
- mood: reader's emotion when they read
- syllogism: simplest form of logical argument
- Truth has to be factually verifiable in the world.
- diction: the words an author uses to tell a story
- syntax: the way the author puts those words together
- quote- "The medium is the message.
The difference between hearing and learning is how I think.
verbal- what I say
para verbal- how loud we speak
nonverbal- facial expression
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
This story is about a woman having a realistic dream. When she told her husband about it, he told her that they had to make the dream come true. Once the dream was complete, however, the woman fell from the sky land she lived with her husband, and when the animals from below saw her, they gathered a piece of land for to stand on.